How Can We Help?
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for Windows
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC includes desktop software and premium web services for working with PDF documents: create, edit, export, sign, organize, share, and protect.
Adobe Sign in Acrobat Pro DC — an online service for sending documents for electronic signature — is included.
Requesting Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
Contract Start: 6/26/2022
Contract End: 6/25/2023
Complete the Software Request form at the link below, select Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for Windows from the software list, and submit.
Each subscription is assigned to one person for up to two devices, but the software can only be used on one device at a time (for example, one office computer when working on campus and one travel laptop when working remotely).
Subscriptions are co-termed to an annual cycle of June 26 thru the following June 25. Estimated cost of a 12-month subscription is listed on the form. Initial purchase costs are pro-rated to the remaining months in the term. Annual renewal costs are for the full 12-month term.
Software Request Form:
1. Request: Requester submits request with the Software Request form.
2. Quote: OIT submits a purchase quote request to the reseller.
3. Approve: Upon receipt of a purchase quote, OIT returns a purchase request for the Fiscal Officer/Delegate’s signature.
4. Order: Upon Fiscal Officer/Delegate approval, OIT places the software order.
5. Distribute: Upon order delivery from Adobe, OIT distributes the software and assigns licenses.
Installing Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
NOTE: Please follow the directions below versus an email link.
Remote Workers: If working remotely or from a secure campus network, sign into SIU VPN to install. An active VPN connection may be required for a few hours before the software becomes available to install.
Before Installing: Close all running applications, especially any Adobe Acrobat apps and any Microsoft Office apps (like Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Install Acrobat Pro DC: Software will be delivered to SIU-owned computers thru Microsoft Software Center for self-service installation. The experience is similar to a mobile app store: browse the software catalog, select the software, then wait for the software to download and install.
1. Click the link below to open the Software Center page for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
2. Click the Install button.
3. Note any installer windows that appear, especially error messages and warnings. These installer windows may be hidden behind other windows on screen.
4. Upon successful installation, the Install button changes to Uninstall or Restart and the Status line changes to Installed.
Adobe Sign In (Required)
Open the Adobe Acrobat DC app and sign in the Adobe ID to activate the subscription license on that computer.
Adobe Account Sign In/Out:
1. Remote Workers: If working remotely or from a secure campus network, sign into SIU VPN to install. An active VPN connection may be required for a few hours before the software becomes available to install in Software Center.
2. Software Center: Software Center does not immediately refresh upon connecting to the campus network, especially for computers that have been offline or off campus for extended periods.
3. Software Center: Software Center is not immediately available upon computer startup. Wait at least 5 minutes after the computer starts up before opening Software Center.
4. Installation: Close all running applications before installing, especially any Adobe Acrobat apps and any Microsoft Office apps (like Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
5. Network Connectivity: If a campus WiFi connection is slow or unstable during installation, switch to a wired Ethernet network connection and try again.
6. Network Connectivity: If a remote network connection is slow or unstable during installation, bring the computer to campus and try again.
7. License Activation: Sign in the Adobe ID to activate an Adobe subscription license on that computer.
8. License Deactivation: Sign out the Adobe ID to deactivate an Adobe subscription license on that computer.
9. License Reactivation: If Adobe license errors occur while signed in with the Adobe ID, then sign out the Adobe ID and sign in again to reactivate an Adobe subscription license on that computer.
10. Activation Limit: Adobe subscription licenses can be activated on up to two devices at a time. Before activating on a third device, sign out the Adobe ID on one of the first two devices.