How Can We Help?
KB articles focusing on current problems and critical resolutions.
- Show all articles ( 8 ) Collapse Articles
Support topics related to Office365, and Microsoft Products
- Show all articles ( 1 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 26 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 38 ) Collapse Articles
Login support for all SIU accounts.
Access to SIU's VPN, Remote Desktop Access, and Virtual Desktop Instances.
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
WiFi and Internet
Network and Internet connectivity issues, for SIU supported networks and off-campus SIU device connectivity.
- Show all articles ( 10 ) Collapse Articles
SIU Digital Services
Support for online resources, such as MoveIT, HRSS, SalukiNet, and more.
- Show all articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
General SIU Computer Topics
- Show all articles ( 20 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 11 ) Collapse Articles
Mobile Device Support
A collection of topics for mobile devices like phones and tablets.
- Show all articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
How to print on the Carbondale campus including mobile printing resources and from SIU equipment.
Support for SIU distributed software offerings.
- Show all articles ( 34 ) Collapse Articles
KB articles focusing on the technology within SIU's smart classrooms
Apple/Mac, Big Sur OS Breaks AIS Report Viewing/Printing
4.5 out Of 5 Stars
Apple released BigSur OS on Nov 12th, 2020. In BigSur, “Java Web Start” is replaced by Java Launcher, which doesn’t support frmservelet. In other words, Oracle Forms are not launched automatically (Workaround steps listed below).
As per Oracle, BigSur is not yet certified for Oracle EBS. We have created an SR with Oracle and working with them to get a solution. They haven’t provided ETA for it.
1. Click on form name
2. Choose “Save file” in pop-up to save frmservlet
3. Rename it to frmservlet.jnlp
4. Open this file with “Java Launcher”
5. Click “Open” for confirmation screen