How Can We Help?
KB articles focusing on current problems and critical resolutions.
- Show all articles ( 8 ) Collapse Articles
Support topics related to Office365, and Microsoft Products
- Show all articles ( 1 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 26 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 43 ) Collapse Articles
Login support for all SIU accounts.
Access to SIU's VPN, Remote Desktop Access, and Virtual Desktop Instances.
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
WiFi and Internet
Network and Internet connectivity issues, for SIU supported networks and off-campus SIU device connectivity.
- Show all articles ( 10 ) Collapse Articles
SIU Digital Services
Support for online resources, such as MoveIT, HRSS, SalukiNet, and more.
- Show all articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
General SIU Computer Topics
- Show all articles ( 20 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 11 ) Collapse Articles
Mobile Device Support
A collection of topics for mobile devices like phones and tablets.
- Show all articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
How to print on the Carbondale campus including mobile printing resources and from SIU equipment.
Support for SIU distributed software offerings.
- Show all articles ( 23 ) Collapse Articles
KB articles focusing on the technology within SIU's smart classrooms
ArcGIS Pro 3.0 for Windows: Manual Installation
0 out Of 5 Stars
Installing Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime
Download the Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime 6.0.5 (x64) installer.
2. Windows Desktop Runtime
Close all running applications, open the installer, and click Install.
3. Installation was successful
Upon successful installation, click Close.
Installing ArcGIS Pro
1. Installer ISO
Download the installer ISO, then open it with Windows Explorer.
Close all running applications, then open the installer named ArcGISPro_303_184244.exe. Do not install the other components unless specifically required.
3. Destination Folder for Files
4. Installation files have been successfully extracted to your computer
Check Launch the setup program, then click Close.
5. ArcGIS Pro Setup splash screen
6. Welcome to the ArcGIS Pro Setup program
7. Master Agreement
Select I accept the master agreement, then click Next.
8. Installation Context
Select Anyone who uses this computer (all users), then click Next.
9. Select Features
10. Ready to Install the Program
11. ArcGIS Pro has been successfully installed
Check Run ArcGIS Pro now, then click Finish.
ArcGIS Sign In (Required)
1. ArcGIS Sign In – Configure Licensing
Open the ArcGIS Pro app for the first time, then configure licensing:
- click Configure Licensing
- select License Type – Named User License
- enter ArcGIS Online Server URL – https://siucarbondale.maps.arcgis.com/
- click OK
2. ArcGIS Sign In
Open the ArcGIS Pro app, click Southern Illinois University Carbondale, and sign in with your @siu.edu email account.
1. Corrupted Installer ISO: If the installer ISO is corrupted and does not open, then download again with a different web browser. To verify successful download, compare the cryptographic hash value.
ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 for Windows (SHA-256):
ArcGIS Pro 3.0 for Windows (SHA-256):
2. Third-Party Archive Utilities: Open the installer ISO with Windows Explorer. If necessary, temporarily disable or uninstall third-party archive utilities like 7-Zip, WinRAR, and WinZip.
3. Microsoft Window Desktop Runtime
ArcGIS Pro 3.0 requires Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime 6.0.5 (x64) or later.