How Can We Help?
KB articles focusing on current problems and critical resolutions.
- Show all articles ( 8 ) Collapse Articles
Support topics related to Office365, and Microsoft Products
- Show all articles ( 1 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 26 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 38 ) Collapse Articles
Login support for all SIU accounts.
Access to SIU's VPN, Remote Desktop Access, and Virtual Desktop Instances.
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
WiFi and Internet
Network and Internet connectivity issues, for SIU supported networks and off-campus SIU device connectivity.
- Show all articles ( 10 ) Collapse Articles
SIU Digital Services
Support for online resources, such as MoveIT, HRSS, SalukiNet, and more.
- Show all articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
General SIU Computer Topics
- Show all articles ( 20 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 11 ) Collapse Articles
Mobile Device Support
A collection of topics for mobile devices like phones and tablets.
- Show all articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
How to print on the Carbondale campus including mobile printing resources and from SIU equipment.
Support for SIU distributed software offerings.
- Show all articles ( 34 ) Collapse Articles
KB articles focusing on the technology within SIU's smart classrooms
JMP Pro 16 for Windows – Installation Guide for SIU-Owned Devices
0 out Of 5 Stars
From SAS Institute: “Data analysis software used by hundreds of thousands of data explorers worldwide. Interactive and visual, JMP reveals insights that raw tables of numbers or static graphs tend to hide.”
- Explore data more fully with powerful statistics.
- Discover meaningful findings by digging deeper into your data.
- Share new discoveries with interactive visualization.
Requesting JMP Pro
Contract Starts: 6/30/2022
Contract Ends: 6/29/2023
Complete the Software Request form at the link below, select JMP Pro for Windows from the software list, and submit.
Software Request Form:
Installing JMP Pro
Upon software request approval, JMP Pro for Windows is delivered to SIU-owned computers thru Microsoft Software Center for self-service installation. The experience is similar to a mobile app store: browse the software catalog, select the software, then wait for the software to download and install.
1. Remote Workers – If working remotely or from a campus private network, sign into SIU VPN.
2. Before Installing – Close the following applications before installing.
- JMP Pro
3. Software Center – Open the Software Center app from the Windows Start app list or from Windows Search.
4. Applications Catalog – In Software Center, select the Applications tab, then browse, filter, or search the applications catalog, and select the JMP Pro 16 application. If the application is missing, connect the computer to the campus network (wired Ethernet, eduroam WiFi, or SIU VPN) for several hours, then try again.
5. Application Details – Note the restart requirement, download size, and estimated time, then click the Install or Reinstall button to start the installation.
6. Installation Progress – Various installer windows may appear or be hidden behind other windows on screen.
7. Installation Status – Upon successful installation, the Install button changes to Reinstall and the Status line changes to Installed. Open the JMP Pro app to confirm.
1. Remote Workers – If working remotely or from a campus private network, sign into SIU VPN to install.
2. Software Center – If you receive the error message “This application is not available in Software Center,” then connect the computer to the campus network (wired Ethernet, eduroam WiFi, or SIU VPN) for a few hours and try again.
3. Software Center – Software Center is not immediately available upon computer startup. Wait at least 5 minutes after the computer starts up before opening Software Center.
4. Before Installing – Close the following applications before installing.
- JMP Pro
5. Network Connectivity – If a campus WiFi connection is slow or unstable during installation, switch to a wired Ethernet network connection and try again.
6. Network Connectivity – If a remote network connection is slow or unstable during installation, bring the computer to campus and try again.