How Can We Help?
KB articles focusing on current problems and critical resolutions.
- Show all articles ( 8 ) Collapse Articles
Support topics related to Office365, and Microsoft Products
- Show all articles ( 1 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 26 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 43 ) Collapse Articles
Login support for all SIU accounts.
Access to SIU's VPN, Remote Desktop Access, and Virtual Desktop Instances.
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
WiFi and Internet
Network and Internet connectivity issues, for SIU supported networks and off-campus SIU device connectivity.
- Show all articles ( 10 ) Collapse Articles
SIU Digital Services
Support for online resources, such as MoveIT, HRSS, SalukiNet, and more.
- Show all articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
General SIU Computer Topics
- Show all articles ( 20 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 11 ) Collapse Articles
Mobile Device Support
A collection of topics for mobile devices like phones and tablets.
- Show all articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
How to print on the Carbondale campus including mobile printing resources and from SIU equipment.
Support for SIU distributed software offerings.
- Show all articles ( 23 ) Collapse Articles
KB articles focusing on the technology within SIU's smart classrooms
Restoring Firefox Bookmarks
4.5 out Of 5 Stars
The guide above shows you how to restore your favorites to firefox after a recent update wiped them out.
Turning on Hidden Files
Open-up File Explorer (sometimes will just show as a manilla folder)
- Go to View
- Turn on view hidden files (to be continued)
Import Recovered Profile in Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Hit ctrl+shift+b key – This will open the bookmark manager
- Go to Import and Backups
- Then go to Restore and Choose file
- Navigate to the bookmark backup location
DirectFilepath: You can copy and paste this into the explorer bar and you’re your siu85number.
Or Browse to your Firefox Backup
- Local disk C:\
- Go to Users
- Go to your Dawg tag number
- Go to your AppData folder (it should now be visible after we turned on view hidden
- Go to roaming
- Go to Mozilla
- Go to firefox
- Go to Profiles
- Your profile name may be different, shown below is the default profile
Also, you may have multiple profiles, you may have to look under each entry until you find jsonlz4 files (shown in step 10) from prior to this week’s date. (see above for example)
- Go to Bookmarkbackups, You should see files similar to these in your profile (if you have multiple profiles you may need to look at the other profiles to locate the restoration points.
Recover Selected File
- Once you select the appropriate bookmark backup file you can hit open
- then hit ok when presented with the prompt below. If your bookmarks are not restored then you may need to try a different profile or backup file.