How Can We Help?
KB articles focusing on current problems and critical resolutions.
- Show all articles ( 8 ) Collapse Articles
Support topics related to Office365, and Microsoft Products
- Show all articles ( 1 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 26 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 43 ) Collapse Articles
Login support for all SIU accounts.
Access to SIU's VPN, Remote Desktop Access, and Virtual Desktop Instances.
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
WiFi and Internet
Network and Internet connectivity issues, for SIU supported networks and off-campus SIU device connectivity.
- Show all articles ( 10 ) Collapse Articles
SIU Digital Services
Support for online resources, such as MoveIT, HRSS, SalukiNet, and more.
- Show all articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
General SIU Computer Topics
- Show all articles ( 20 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 11 ) Collapse Articles
Mobile Device Support
A collection of topics for mobile devices like phones and tablets.
- Show all articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
How to print on the Carbondale campus including mobile printing resources and from SIU equipment.
Support for SIU distributed software offerings.
- Show all articles ( 23 ) Collapse Articles
KB articles focusing on the technology within SIU's smart classrooms
Connecting to Eduroam with Android devices
4.5 out Of 5 Stars
The preferred way of setting up the eduroam SSID on any operating system is connecting to the wireless network “eduroam-instructions” then downloading the cloudpath utility that can be found at https://setup.wifi.siu.edu. The utility sets up the SSID automatically with little input from you.
For users in the residence halls, use this link to automatically setup the wireless networks: https://housing.wifi.siu.edu
Connecting with an Android Phone
- Open settings. Select Network & Internet. Then Select Internet.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on and select eduroam from the Available Networks
- Enter the following settings
i. EAP method: PEAP
ii. Phase 2 Authentication: None or MSCHAPV2
iii. CA Certificate: Do not validate
Note: If Do not validate is not an option under CA Certificate select the following
CA Certificate: Use system certificates
Online Certificate Status: Do not validate
iv. Identity: siu85xxxxxxx (Your SIU Network ID)
v. Password: ********** (Your Netid Password)
vi. Leave the Anonymous identity blank
vii. Due to variances between android devices, prompts may vary in this step. Leave any settings that are not listed on this document blank or in their default state.
Connecting with a Chromebook
1.Click the WiFi icon at the bottom right of the screen
2.Click on the network list under the Wi-Fi Icon. If you have not connected to any wireless networks on campus, it may say “Not Connected”
3. Select Eduroam from the list of networks and enter in the following settings.
Identity will be your NetworkID@siu.edu
Password will be your NetworkID password
You do not need to fill out Anonymous identity
NOTE: If the above settings do not work for your device, please try these settings below.
Note: If you recently changed your Salukinet password, please forget the eduroam under wifi networks and follow the above steps.
Make sure your siu account is not locked, due to Wi-Fi reconnection attempts after you have changed your Salukinet password. If you believe your account is locked , or these steps did not help in resolving your issue, please contact SalukiTech (618-453-5155 | email@example.com).