How Can We Help?
KB articles focusing on current problems and critical resolutions.
- Show all articles ( 8 ) Collapse Articles
Support topics related to Office365, and Microsoft Products
- Show all articles ( 1 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 26 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 43 ) Collapse Articles
Login support for all SIU accounts.
Access to SIU's VPN, Remote Desktop Access, and Virtual Desktop Instances.
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
WiFi and Internet
Network and Internet connectivity issues, for SIU supported networks and off-campus SIU device connectivity.
- Show all articles ( 10 ) Collapse Articles
SIU Digital Services
Support for online resources, such as MoveIT, HRSS, SalukiNet, and more.
- Show all articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
General SIU Computer Topics
- Show all articles ( 20 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 11 ) Collapse Articles
Mobile Device Support
A collection of topics for mobile devices like phones and tablets.
- Show all articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
How to print on the Carbondale campus including mobile printing resources and from SIU equipment.
Support for SIU distributed software offerings.
- Show all articles ( 23 ) Collapse Articles
KB articles focusing on the technology within SIU's smart classrooms
How to Create Assignments in D2L
0 out Of 5 Stars
This Quick Guide will help you learn How to Create Assignments in D2L.
Step 1 (Creating your New Assignment (1 of 3))
- On your Course Homepage:
- Click Assessments, then click Assignments
Click New Assignments
- In New Assignments‐ Properties Tab:
- You must type name of the assignment
- Add instructions for assignment
- Click add attachments for additional links, or pdfs.
- Scroll down to Assignment Type:
- Choose Individual or Group
- Choose File submission for submission type for online submission of documents
- Choose how many files you will allow students to submit
- Recommendation: Choose for allsubmissions to be kept.
Step 4 (Creating the Grade Item (2 of 3))
Type the total amount of points of the Assignment in the Score Out Of box.
* You must create a Grade Item for the Assignment to post in the Gradebook!
Click New Grade Item and following the Instructions provided by D2L:
- First you will choose Grade Item Type: Numeric
- *Must enter Name (ex. Assignment 1)
- *Must enter Maximum No. of Points Possible
- *You must enter the maximum points for the Assignment.
- Recommendation: Leave Grade Scheme on Letter Grades
- Click SAVE
- Hide Grade from Users
- Set Availability for Students to View Grades.
Step 6(Creating Restrictions (3 of 3))
- Upon completion of the grade item, you should see the Score, Grade Item Name and Student Preview of their Graded Score.
0 out Of 5 Stars