How Can We Help?
KB articles focusing on current problems and critical resolutions.
- Show all articles ( 8 ) Collapse Articles
Support topics related to Office365, and Microsoft Products
- Show all articles ( 1 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 26 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 43 ) Collapse Articles
Login support for all SIU accounts.
Access to SIU's VPN, Remote Desktop Access, and Virtual Desktop Instances.
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
WiFi and Internet
Network and Internet connectivity issues, for SIU supported networks and off-campus SIU device connectivity.
- Show all articles ( 10 ) Collapse Articles
SIU Digital Services
Support for online resources, such as MoveIT, HRSS, SalukiNet, and more.
- Show all articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
General SIU Computer Topics
- Show all articles ( 20 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 11 ) Collapse Articles
Mobile Device Support
A collection of topics for mobile devices like phones and tablets.
- Show all articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
How to print on the Carbondale campus including mobile printing resources and from SIU equipment.
Support for SIU distributed software offerings.
- Show all articles ( 23 ) Collapse Articles
KB articles focusing on the technology within SIU's smart classrooms
How Do I Change My SIU Account Password?
5 out Of 5 Stars
Follow these instructions to reset your SIU account password if it has been forgotten or expired.
Forgot your Password? PIN Password Reset
This method will send a security PIN to the recovery information listed on your account.
- Go to https://netid.siu.edu/identity/self-service/siu/smsreset.jsf
- For verification purposes, enter your first name, last name and Dawg Tag (Please note that the Dawg Tag is just the number, without the letters ‘SIU’.)
- Complete the Captcha requirement by checking the box.
- Check the box that states, By selecting this checkbox you agree to receive text messages on your mobile device. (This will be a one-time message)
- Click SUBMIT
- You will be asked where you would like the PIN to be sent. (If you only had one recovery method on your account, the PIN will be sent automatically.)
- Click CLOSE
- Enter the PIN you received via text message or e-mail and click VALIDATE
- Once the PIN has been validated you will be prompted to reset your password. Craft your new password, in accordance with the password rules, and type it in the required fields. Click RESET PASSWORD.
Know your Password? How to change your password in the Network ID Account Management Portal
If you know your password and just need to change it, you can log in at netid.siu.edu and click on the tab labled “My Account Password”
Craft your new password, in accordance with the password rules, and type it in the required fields. Click RESET PASSWORD.
Password Not Accepted
Your password may not have been accepted for multiple reasons. You should be presented with a new table that will tell you why the password was not accepted. Here are some of the common errors.
|Cannot contain a restricted word.||The password you attempted to set had a word or phrase that is easily guessed. (i.e. password, abc, 123, qwerty, first or last name)|
|Requires a minimum of 1 special characters.||The password you attempted to set did not contain at least one special character.|
Once you have entered in a valid new password and clicked “Reset Password” you will be met with a message similar to the one above.
Clicking “OK” will bring you back to the log in screen for the Network ID management Portal. At this point you have completed resetting your password.
Troubleshooting after Password change
Keep getting locked out
If you log in to a device and immediately get locked out, it means that some device you logged into previous is trying to log in automatically using your old password.
You’ll need to log out of or shut down any devices that you’ve previously logged into with your SIU account (home computer, cell phone, tablet, etc). Then you should be able to log in successfully.
5 out Of 5 Stars