How Can We Help?
KB articles focusing on current problems and critical resolutions.
- Show all articles ( 8 ) Collapse Articles
Support topics related to Office365, and Microsoft Products
- Show all articles ( 1 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 26 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 43 ) Collapse Articles
Login support for all SIU accounts.
Access to SIU's VPN, Remote Desktop Access, and Virtual Desktop Instances.
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
WiFi and Internet
Network and Internet connectivity issues, for SIU supported networks and off-campus SIU device connectivity.
- Show all articles ( 10 ) Collapse Articles
SIU Digital Services
Support for online resources, such as MoveIT, HRSS, SalukiNet, and more.
- Show all articles ( 2 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 7 ) Collapse Articles
General SIU Computer Topics
- Show all articles ( 20 ) Collapse Articles
- Show all articles ( 11 ) Collapse Articles
Mobile Device Support
A collection of topics for mobile devices like phones and tablets.
- Show all articles ( 5 ) Collapse Articles
How to print on the Carbondale campus including mobile printing resources and from SIU equipment.
Support for SIU distributed software offerings.
- Show all articles ( 23 ) Collapse Articles
KB articles focusing on the technology within SIU's smart classrooms
Lockdown Browser Guide for Students
0.5 out Of 5 Stars
LockDown Browser is a locked browser for taking quizzesin Brightspace. It prevents you from printing, copying, going to another URL, or accessing other applications during a test. If a Brightspace test requires that LockDown Browser be used, you will not be able to take the quiz with a standard web browser.LockDown Browser should only be used for taking Brightspace quizzes. It should not be used in other areas of Brightspace.
To access the student quick guide for the Respondus Lockdown Browser please visit this link.
The lockdown browser is on the CLC virtual computer that you can access from a device with internet. To see those directions please refer to this article.
General Usage Tips
- Turn off televisions, radio, music, etc.
- Run the “Webcam Check” and “System & Network Check” in LockDown Browser prior to starting the exam.
- If your Internet is shared with others, make sure they aren’t streaming videos or using applications that can slow down your internet connection.
- Do NOT place the computer on your lap, a bed, or the floor. Do NOT lay or sit on a bed/couch/floor.
- If using a built-in webcam, avoid tilting the screen after the webcam setup is complete.
- Unless instructed otherwise, turn off all other devices (e.g. phones, tablets, second computers) and place them outside of your reach. Clear your workspace of all other materials.
- LockDown Browser prevents you from accessing other websites or applications. You will be unable to exit until the exam is completed and submitted.
Facial Recognition Issues
If you are having difficulties with facial recognition we suggest not wearing sunglasses or hats with brims. Also, be sure to dress appropriately, as if you were in the classroom. Take the exam in a well-lit room and avoid back-lighting, such as sitting with your back to a window.
If you are having issues with lockdown browser please visit the Respondus support page here:
0.5 out Of 5 Stars